If someone constantly makes you feel uneasy and leaves you feeling insecure, irritable, sad or depressed, you may be dealing with a toxic individual. Below are signs that a person has toxic qualities, and you should be on guard or simply stay away!
- They seek attention at all costs
- They are always boasting about their experiences, possessions or social connections
- They share other people’s personal secrets with you
- They manipulate you to attain their personal goals
- They often lie, not only to others but also to themselves
- They try to involve you in their feuds
- They prey on anyone weaker than them
- They dish out disguised insults to you, sometimes in the form of compliments
- They pretend to be helpless and drag you into their world of self-pity
- They give vague, unclear, confusing or misleading answers to questions
- They are in love with themselves, sometimes to the point of losing touch with reality
- Nothing is their fault, and they often blame other people
- They shower you with fake compliments to get something from you
If you believe you are having to deal with a toxic person, you can read tips on how to deal with him/her the smart way at Life Hack.